Geoff Barton is general secretary of the Association of School and College Leaders.
According to him their are 5 quick fixes to the teacher retention crisis.
1. The government could make it easier to recruit teachers from non-EU countries.
2. In the longer term, government needs to ensure that the Brexit deal doesn’t place obstacles in the way of recruiting teachers from overseas, both EU and non-EU.
3. By listening to those in the system (teachers) urging an urgent rethink around what it means to be a teacher in the 21st century.
4. We need a more humane accountability system.
5. Finally, let’s be careful about policies that might make matters worse.
Do you agree the the above would fix the teacher retention crisis? If not, what would in your opinion?
Read the full article on TES.
Are you ready to leave the teaching profession?
Click here for a powerful, practical and inspiring guide designed to help you through those first essential stages of leaving teaching: figuring out what you really want and making a realistic action plan.