An exclusive YouGov poll reveals what teachers really think of their jobs
- 84 per cent do not think their profession is valued by society, and nearly as many.
- 83 per cent – say they are “stressed”, with nearly a third (32 per cent) “very stressed”.
- Nearly half (46 per cent) of teachers say their morale has declined in the past year; with more than a third (38 per cent) saying they have “low morale”.
- 58 per cent of teachers do not feel that they are paid a fair salary for the job.
- Nearly half of teachers (49 per cent) are pessimistic about future pupil achievement, with only 27 per cent optimistic.
- 40 per cent of teachers say they are likely to leave the profession altogether in the next five years.
- 58 per cent – gave a positive answer, saying they were either “satisfied” or “very satisfied” being a teacher.
How do you feel being a teacher? Leave a comment below.
Read the full article on TES.
Ready to get unstuck?
Click here for a powerful, practical and inspiring guide designed to help you through those first essential stages of leaving teaching: figuring out what you really want and making a realistic action plan.